America's Gun Problem

Discussion in 'Debate' started by Imperial, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Imperial

Imperial Registered User Member

Local Time:
    11:15 PM
    Boon:
  2. Imperial
  3. It's beyond doubt that America has a gun violence problem at this point. The problem is what to do about it.
    What do you think the best steps are?

4. bud

bud yikes :( BoonForums Manager

Local Time:
    2:15 AM
    Boon:
  5. bud
  6. It's 2016. They're no best steps to get this generation to stop killing each other. The more you tell these kids to not do something, the more they get hyped to do so. The best thing to do is to let them kill each other till there's nothing left but a dead corpse and a ticket to jail. The reason this generation is so fucked up is because of the big "Idols" they look up to. They promote VIOLENCE in games, movies, music, commercials, social media. It's everywhere, not just America. There's a lot of gun violence in the middle east, not just America. How do you think so many guns got to America in the first place?

People are so convinced that you need to be involved in something to be accepted. For example, some gangs involve you jumping somebody, robbing somebody, killing somebody to get into the gang, to show you're loyal. They expect you to go where they go, the fights they go to, or else you get beat, killed or robbed. That's just how society is today, America or not America, it's like that around the world.

People want money but don't want to work for it. People want true love but cheat on their loved ones. Girls want a real nigga but when they get a real nigga, they call them a pussy or a bitch. People don't like each other, so they kill each other. It's 2016 baby, it ain't gonna change, unless we get our head out of our asses and put it somewhere else like a textbook.

7. Trauma

Trauma 88yewhdhbpe9n Member

Local Time:
    9:15 PM
    Boon:
  8. Trauma
  9. People seem to think that Australia's gun laws are perfect and it's incredibly hard to handle a weapon as of now. Truth is our gun laws are a bit flawed and corrupt. You can buy almost any type of gauge gun you want given you've either got cash or drugs. It's disgusting. We too have to reflect on ourselves and realise were we've went wrong.

As of now, in Australia, you can go to just about any shooting range and all they ask in order for you to practice either using their guns or your own is provide a 100 points of ID. How ridiculous is that? Not even a gun license or a hunting license you have to provide? No mental health or criminal checks? It's awful. Basically anyone over 18 can provide 100 points of ID nowadays, and whats to say that person who is now able to practice shooting wont turn the gun on himself or others.

What we (Australia and America) need to do is impose better laws as to how you get to own your gun and keep it. Tougher checks on criminal past, mandatory physical and mental health checks. Hunting and gun licenses that expire once a year and in order to be able to renew either you have to take the same tests. Just like passing registration to see if your cars still fit for the road. If you have to do that in order to fucking drive it boggles my mind why you can't do that as a minimum to own a gun.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
    Deity likes this.
  10. Pray

Pray Registered User Member

Local Time:
    10:15 AM
    Boon:
  11. Pray
  12. Don't think there should be guns in america

13. Mauvros

Mauvros PhD in dumbfuckery Member

Local Time:
    12:15 PM
    Boon:
  14. Matheos
  15. I personally believe it's a battle the USA can't win. Sure, you can tighten the amount of background checks (and stop fucking selling shotguns in walmart) but people will always find a way to get a weapon. Every time I see a video of a policeman in the UK attacked with a knife, there's always hundreds of gun-fucking Americans saying the police should always be armed. Due to the lack of firearms in the UK, they dont have to always have armed police, and when they do, they're highly trained and efficient.

In comparison, the USA has the highest amount of firearm to person ratio in the world under the pretense of their Amendment. I literally just typed in ''Fatal deaths by firearms in the USA'' on google and saw a news report of a shooting. Posted 9 minuits ago. America is what it is and you'll never be able to force their weapons from them so lets all wait it out for the country to just eradicate itself.

Firearms weren't made for self protection, they were made solely for murder. Endgame.

16. Mistress

Mistress murdered everybody Member

Local Time:
    5:15 AM
    Boon:
  17. Mistress
  18. Snog:
  19. insanium
  20. you stop gunflow, people get them illegally. ever heard of a street gun? its a gun for the entire street, it happens in my area for people to commit crimes and they place the gun in a particular location in case someone needs it after them. you think its that easy to get guns off the street, its going to take a fucking war to get people to give their guns away because you have the idiots that will refer back to amendment and call it the constitution, its not the constitution and its not for having a gun its for protection during war. that amendment was made during the time of the american revolution but i swear on my fucking life people will pull that shit out faster than they pull out of women to avoid child support. we cannot blink and suddenly all gun problems in america will be fixed, people have been trying for years. anybody who isn't american you can sit there and judge but you have no idea what its like to live in a country where people will lay down their life instead of give up a gun. america thrives on negativity, guns are a part of the negativity. people make profit off these guns, its not a simple task, it takes a long process of concentration and dedication to find every single gun and deal with them accordingly. when you can do it then you may say something but until then, please live in america and figure out just what its like before you point the finger. we know we have a shitty way of life, but until you can live it do not speak about it. its much easier to point the finger when you're not directly related to what is the problem. thank you.

21. Deity

Deity dull Member

Local Time:
    Boon:
  22. Deity
  23. a lot of your points don't really make sense with this question. what's reading a textbook gonna do about gun violence? like we have school shootings lol what does that even mean.
    second, the fuck are we supposed to do about media? stop watching it? i'd love to get into this argument but it's a different debate entirely.
    and why should we let people "keep killing each other" when that assumes it's always a two sided conflict? because, as recent events have shown, sometimes it's one guy opening fire on innocent people. letting them kill each other puts people that have nothing to do with it in risk, including a elementary school kids.
    i'm also not sure why you assume this is a new thing that's suddenly popped up in 2016/this generation.

i like this idea.

1st) like i said before that's stupid since it's not always a two sided conflict and random people get shot for it.
    2nd) that's true but everyone knows this. we can't realistically prevent anyone from finding a gun ever. but we can decrease the number of people with access / try to limit the amount of guns out there, which will help a fucking lot.

once again realistically i don't think the government's going to be able to get "every gun"and they know this, but making it more difficult for some random guy on the street to get one is ideal.

the problem with gun control in the us is that it's way too late to get it to where y'all want it to be. they won't be as strict as other countries, and they certainly won't stop every shooting, but we wouldn't have almost 400 mass shootings in one year or more mass shootings than we've had days of 2016 so far.

what steps to take though? no fucking idea.

24. Imperial

Local Time:
    Boon:
  25. Imperial
  26. My 2 cents
    Step 1 - Make it so people need a gun license which they have to apply for through the police - This would have prevented the orlando shooting since the guy had a history of violence
    Step 2 - Get a police force that actually cracks down on illegal guns.

Step 3 - Stop the promotion of guns everywhere. I swear some americans would marry their guns if they could.

Deity likes this.
  27. Pray

Pray Registered User Member

Local Time:
    10:15 AM
    Boon:
  28. Pray
  29. Good points

30. Mauvros

Mauvros PhD in dumbfuckery Member

Local Time:
    12:15 PM
    Boon:
  31. Matheos
  32. bud

Local Time:
    Boon:
  33. bud
  34. Kids everywhere are taught violence instead of education. You don't see someone with a high IQ and a high GPA shooting up schools? only those who don't know anything BUT violence and hate. If kids are taught to open a damn textbook instead there wouldn't be this much fucking violence. It ain't hard to teach your damn kid respect and virtue. It isn't hard to throw a fucking textbook at your kids head and say "read this" or occupy your kid to do something else other than hitting. We show kids today that it's okay to self-defense instead of going to a damn teacher. Yall say teachers don't do shit but they do. Me growing up, I was bullied, I was taught respect, did i fight the kids because they picked on me? No. Did i tell the teachers? Yes. What did they do? Call their parents or discipline them in school. NO SCHOOL WILL TURN BACK BULLYING. NO SCHOOL. Unless you're known for bullying yourself.

Like i fucking said, open a damn textbook.

Mauvros likes this.
  35. Mistress

Local Time:
    Boon:
  36. Mistress
  37. Snog:
  38. insanium
  39. they more commonly kill themselves rather than shoot up a school due to stress and some people with very high IQs ...well uhm

32 serial killers with high IQs
    Proof that the more intelligent you are, the more likely you are to commit suicide | the suicide project - suicide stories
    they are far too intelligent to shoot up a school my dear

you do realize no matter how hard some parents try, their kids do not listen. i've seen this, I've seen parents discipline their kid in the middle of a classroom and tell them that what they did was wrong and that everyone else is going to know just how wrong it was. Do not blame parents for their child(ren)'s mistakes because it is not always their fault. There are some parents at fault, I know for a fact, but not every child with a problem is linked with parent negligence.

I personally was taught not to let anybody make a fool out of me. I was bullied, did I fight my bully? I sure the fuck did. But I also went to a teacher, I went to my parents, and then I went to myself and realized that no other person could fix that situation but me. Every child must learn that they need to take control of the situation they are in non-violently and IF NECESSARY, sometimes violently. Nobody is saying "go punch that kid for looking at you wrong" but nobody should say "oh no it'll be okay, that black eye will heal" thats how domestic violence is ignored. You say everything is okay when it's not. If your parents do everything for you, you will learn nothing. Self-defense isn't teaching children to be the bully, it's teaching them to protect themselves against their bullies. It's not saying to bludgeon them to death, it's saying protect yourself when you feel threatened. I've seen a person get beat up but they didn't fight back, someone had to break up the fight because they were being hit so much it was sad. That's why self-defense is taught, in any case where no one else can help you, YOU have to help yourself. Nobody is saying get a gun, thats what people don't understand. Using a gun to protect yourself in self-defense is fairly new, nobody fights anymore, they just pull a gun out and shoot. I don't know who was taught that but I know for a fact that nobody in my family was taught that. That is an outdoor influence that cannot be prevented, unless you decide to lock your child in the house with no television, no anything. Otherwise, we must deal with the world we live in because not everyone is going to follow the rules or else this world would be a utopia.

40. bud

Local Time:
    Boon:
  41. bud
  42. What do you mean they don't listen? They'll listen when you grab the belt and make them listen. You say hitting kids ain't necessary when it is. Yall so worried bout abuse that you will let your kids run willy nilly letting them do whatever they want. I got hit with cords, hangers, belts, flipflops. I had ashtrays thrown at me when i act up. You know what that taught me? Respect, it taught me to always do the right thing. I once picked on someone before, my parents found out about it and i got beat until the sun came up. It's just the way you parent... Parents are lazy and oblivious to the obvious. It ain't hard, yall may think it's hard because of what you see but it really isn't.

My aunt always calls me over when her kids act up because she doesn't know how to raise her damn kids. i discipline them, i smack them into next week. I don't give a shit, if your kids disrespect you, you disrespect them back. Fuck that law bull shit, your kids need to know whatsup before they get popped or shanked in the street. This aint candy land, this aint a game. Kids will get kicked all the way back to their mama's womb if they show me disrespect.

Why would you fight your bully though? you're just showing a fool of yourself if you think that fighting is the way to go. I fought once in my life, and that was to protect my family and myself from people i don't know. I don't give a shit about no damn bully nomore. They're not worth YOUR education, YOUR time, YOUR strength. You made yourself look like a fool by fighting back. you're showing you're weak by throwing your hands up at her/him. I would never fight someone for picking at my flaws, because at the end of the day I love my flaws, i love who i am and to let someone tell me that i am not enough, or i am not perfect or pretty, and for me to believe it? nah, just proves i ain't ready for reality.

You can't fight your boss because he/she picks on you, its the way to life, boss' can be bullies too, but will you risk your damn career to punch them? nawwww you won't though.

You're at school for 6 hours a day and the rest you're at home, if you will removed because of bullying then thats fucked up honestly... Parents today don't teach kids to love themselves for who they are. They want their kids to be somebody rather than helping them find themselves at a young age... Yea kids kill themselves because of bullying and thats sad, it really is, but no one told that kid to do it, no one pressured the kid to doing it, people make mistakes and sometimes some mistakes are worst than the last. Resulting to suicide is never okay, there will always be something good that comes out of your life. You will always mean something to somebody, maybe not now, maybe not in a few years. But you will be somebody to someone else, that's why you should never be sad about something for too long.

Parents are too worried about self image, than to teach their kids that it's okay to be gay, or it's okay to be a transgender, or anything else that you want to be and your parents don't agree to it. My parent's are supportive now, have they always been supportive? no. I made them learn to support me, i taught them to support my choices.

if your kids don't listen, MAKE THEM.

43. Deity

Deity dull Member

Local Time:
    Boon:
  44. Deity
  45. this textbook argument is hilarious considering the fact that the second deadliest shooting in the u.s was committed by seung-hui cho, who "was noted for being good at mathematics and English"
    or our new record breaker for deadliest mass shooting, omar mateen, who apparently had an associate's degree in criminal justice
    or the sandy hook shooter, adam lanza, who was an honors student at newtown high school, then was called intelligent by his teachers at connecticut state university
    or james holmes, the aurora theater shooter, received an undergraduate degree in neuroscience and was in the top 1% of his class at UCR with a 3.949 GPA,

or that list of people Mistress linked you to that you hilariously ignored.

and no disrespect but nothing about your arguments is relevant to the issue at hand here (violence instead of education? self-defense instead of going to a teacher? this isn't the cringey anti-bullying video america i grew up in). but none of this matters because we're talking about GUN. VIOLENCE. not bullying. gun violence. with guns. shooting and killing people. not taunting kids in school hallways. this argument is more than just "reading a book" which clearly doesn't work out as well as you think it will.

bud likes this.
  46. Mistress

Local Time:
    Boon:
  47. Mistress
  48. Snog:
  49. insanium
  50. i never once said that
    idk how that makes me weak because they left me alone after that fight
    thats not even of the same degree; school and work are two different things. i didn't risk my education because i wasn't suspended, they knew i was defending myself and the OTHER person was suspended. i got valedictorian in the same school i fought my bully in, i don't think my education was risked because regardless of what they did i always stayed focus. i may have slapped the shit out of my bully but guess what - at the end of the day i still won. I won that fight and I'm the one going to college on a scholarship, they're probably pregnant.
    i was disciplined and i only listen because of fear. when you listen out of fear you tend to hate your parents or the parent that you fear, you hate what they did to you. also i know kids who got disciplined with a belt and still didn't listen, i saw it in my family, and i saw it in the kids i went to school with. Also on a side note, getting beaten with objects and shit thrown at you isn't discipline, it's fucking abuse.

regardless of that, lets get back to the fact that america has a gun problem and not about american children, thanks.

bud likes this.
  51. Imperial

Local Time:
    Boon:
  52. Imperial
  53. bud

Local Time:
    Boon: