Being a "Gentleman" = Being sexist?

Discussion in 'Debate' started by Imperial, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Deity

Deity dull Member

Local Time:
    5:12 AM
    Boon:
  2. Deity
  3. i'm not very interested in this argument (might come back to it when i feel like it) BUT CAN WE TALK ABOUT THIS?

basically the whole standing outside the footpath thing started when people in like... not the 2000s didn't have plumbing, so they'd throw their shit out the window. purpose of it was to have the man get hit instead of the woman because gentleman things.

but uh, we don't live in that era anymore. so there's no point.

and that car justification is dumb. like do y'all actually think a car isn't running us both over? the dude is just gonna get hit first. or, since i live in philly, if there happens to be a drive by, maybe the guy will get shot 1.5 seconds earlier but we're both dying that day. soooo...

the only people i think you should do this for are toddlers/children, because they always find some way to hurt themselves. always. keep them as far away from the street as possible. otherwise this idea is silly and outdated.

Nerd and Pad like this.
  4. Kaelyn

Kaelyn Registered User Member

Local Time:
    2:12 AM
    Boon:
  5. saveyoursouls.
  6. so women should think it's okay to hit a man because he's stronger and bigger?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 31, 2016 ---
    i am so confused LMAO

7. Ralph

Ralph KING Member

Local Time:
    6:12 AM
    Boon:
  8. ralph
  9. No one said you should get slapped because of something you said. Pretty sure we all said that you should get slapped back if you slap a man first, which I don't see how anyone could disagree with. Keep your hands to yourself and you won't get your ass handed to you.

Nerd likes this.
  10. Mistress

Mistress murdered everybody Member

Local Time:
    Boon:
  11. Mistress
  12. Snog:
  13. insanium
  14. i didnt say a woman should think its okay.

if i hit somebody its for a reason, i'm not going to slap you across the face as a joke. and another thing, what if a woman hits a man because he disrespected her, does that give the man a reason to hit her back? because HE caused the hit in the first place he has the right to go and slap her? i'm sorry but if you think its okay for a man to hit a woman back i don't think i can even continue this discussion with you lol

15. Ralph

Ralph KING Member

Local Time:
    6:12 AM
    Boon:
  16. ralph
  17. Well he shouldn't have been disrespecting her in the first place but if she's the first to start physical violence by slapping him, I don't see how anyone can disagree that he has the right to return it. People have different definitions for disrespect, and if I were to get slapped for stepping on a woman's shoes (if anyone believes that's a sign of disrespect) then bet money i'd slap her back. Just as you can escape cyberbullying by unplugging, you can escape verbal bullying by walking away. If you take the first step and turn verbal bullying into something physical, you can't be surprised when the other person starts returning your hits.

You seem to believe that just because it's a man vs a woman that he shouldn't have the right to slap her back. What if it's a woman vs a woman, what's your take on that?

18. Nerd

Nerd Ass Queen Senior Forum Staff

Local Time:
    Boon:
  19. Mary
  20. I do get where you're coming from. We are physically smaller then a male. However, if I punch a guy in the nose, I better expect to get punched back.

21. Shaun

Shaun Registered User Member

Local Time:
    10:12 AM
    Boon:
  22. shaun
  23. if a woman hits a man then im sorry but she should expect the same back. if you think your big enough to give it, be prepared to take it lol (same with a man)

Nerd likes this.
  24. bud

bud yikes :( BoonForums Manager

Local Time:
    Boon:
  25. bud
  26. Let's just look at it this way, dont be a jackass and hit a lady bc you have no self control. Do you want another nigga hitting your daughter? Nope.

27. Pad

Pad ginger snap -hacked by amelia- Member

Local Time:
    Boon:
  28. Pad
  29. he can hit my daughter, just be prepared for a racist officer to gun you down, ill keep that black eye as a trophy :-[)

bud likes this.
  30. Shaun

Local Time:
    Boon:
  31. shaun
  32. yes fair enough but we protect our children until they are at a certain age (18+) and then they have to spread their wings and learn for themselves... obviously with domestic abuse though im sure any person would be smart enough to leave a relationship if the person was constantly hitting and abusing them. I agree to some point, yes if they stay in an abusive relationship theyre stupid, but you cant necessarily say they arent men just because they stuck by the person they love... some people in this generation would argue that you could call them men because most boys literally leave the relationship after theyve had sex with them...

33. bud

Local Time:
    Boon:
  34. bud
  35. That's why they're called boys tho

36. Shaun

Local Time:
    Boon:
  37. shaun
  38. very true but nowadays theres genuine people getting called "fuckboys" because they left a relationship and got with someone else who they like more lol

39. Nerd

Local Time:
    Boon:
  40. Mary
  41. Actually, the term boy is used to refer to someone who has not yet reached the AGE of maturity, while man is referring to someone who has reached the AGE of maturity. It has very little to do with their behavior. Those terms tend to refer to someone's level of maturity (when talking about their behavior) because when a grown adult is running around doing stupid shit, they're acting like they were before they reached the age of maturity.

If I were to walk up to Shaun in the face for no reason, I should expect to get punched back. I seriously, seriously, seriously hate to use this phrase (mainly because people on tumblr use it and fucking ruin it) but it's 2016, not 1816. If a woman wants to punch a man in the face, attempt to kick him in the nuts, etc. she had better expect him to physically fight back.

Shaun likes this.
  42. Shaun

Local Time:
    Boon:
  43. shaun
  44. tbh tho if parents are supposed to bring up boys to become gentlemen then theyre doing it wrong because nowadays majority of the boys and men are fucking idiots and act like theyre 13 lol

45. Nerd

Local Time:
    Boon:
  46. Mary
  47. Honestly, though, girls should be raised to hold the door open, etc. as well.

48. Pad

Pad ginger snap -hacked by amelia- Member

Local Time:
    Boon:
  49. Pad
  50. fantastic quote i heard once in a sociology lesson was that this lecturers son and daughter (no older than 10) were discussion partners, and the boy asked "why do you always get presents" and she replied "simple, I have a boyfriend, and you have a girlfriend"

problems lie in the underlayers of parenting

Nerd likes this.
  51. Nerd

Local Time:
    Boon:
  52. Mary
  53. Parents seriously need to raise their children to stop being entitled twat waffles. This may not seem relevant, but it's the best way for me to word my argument.

I was raised that if I were to be the one to ask a guy (or in my case, guy or female) out, I would be the one to pay if they accepted as I initiated the date. If they asked me out, they would pay. Or we could decide ahead of time to split it, as that's fair. I was raised that if a guy or girl takes me to Applebee's, I should value it because of the time we spent together, not the money they're spending.

If you draw me a picture of something that had significant meaning to our relationship for our anniversary, I'd value that more then a necklace with sapphires on it. Even if it may not look the best, as long as EFFORT and TIME were put into it, I'd appreciate it. Hell, I'd rather just spend time with you on our aniversy. Watch a movie that means a lot to us. If someone were to propose to me with a ring they made themselves and spend time on, I'd value that more then a ring with a shit ton of diamonds.

I've noticed a lot of females seem to think that because they were born with tits and ovaries, they deserve to be treated by a queen/princess in the sense of how much money is spent. You deserve to be treated like a queen or a princess if you're treating your significant other like royalty as well. And no, being treated like royalty does not mean someone has to spend all their money on you. It means they treat you with respect, show that they care for you, and love you.

Shaun likes this.
  54. bud

Local Time:
    Boon:
  55. bud
  56. if u 21 and act 13 then ur a boy regardless of age. you act 13, imma treat you like you 13

Mistress likes this.
  57. Cat

Cat queen Member

Local Time:
    anyone who thinks that men being expected to be gentlemen is sexist .... stop trying to justify being an asshole lol
    but that goes for girls too don't walk around like a nasty lil girl and expect men to act like gentlemen towards you !

oh ps, I believe a man should NEVER hit a woman.. if a woman hits you(which she is also wrong for), okay pin her down, push her whatever you need to defend yourself. Men and women are not the same lol

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  58. Maphax

Maphax Registered User Member

Local Time:
    11:12 AM
    Boon:
  59. Maphax
  60. I'm curious, how far would you take that? If the women is capable of doing some serious dmg that might even result in death, are you still not allowed to hit back? If you get mugged by a women on the street are you just supposed to say: "Ohh fuck it, take my money, I can't defend myself because you are a woman." Or?

Also, this idea that you can't hit women because they are women, seem just a tad bit sexist to me.
    "Oh I can't hit you back because you are a women, and therefore automaticly a weaker human being."
    You see how that sounds just a tiny bit fucked up?

Kaelyn and Nerd like this.