Being a "Gentleman" = Being sexist?

Discussion in 'Debate' started by Imperial, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Cat

Cat queen Member

Local Time:
    5:21 AM
    no? it's freakin true that women are weaker lol. restrain her you don't have to hit her. obviously some women are stronger than men but unless shes a body builder type shit and a woman can beat u up that bad then youre a little bitch lol
    anyone saying a man should be able to hit a woman is again, trying to justify being an asshole.

also if it is a body builder female and shes beating the shit out of you ok hit her back bc at that point she isnt even a female anymore lol

2. Maphax

Maphax Registered User Member

Local Time:
    11:21 AM
    Boon:
  3. Maphax
  4. Just trying to get some concrete boundries to what you are saying.
    So I can only hit back at a woman who actively try to enlarge her muscels?
    You don't have to be a bodybuilder to be strong, so if a woman is very strong but not a bodybuilder am I still not allowed to hit her?

Also, do you honestly believe that just because the average woman is weaker than the average man I should treat all women as being weaker than me? That again, sounds pretty sexist tbh.

Nerd likes this.
  5. Ralph

Ralph KING Member

Local Time:
    6:21 AM
    Boon:
  6. ralph
  7. That is just moronic. If i'm getting hit by a woman then why should I restrain her from hitting me instead of returning the hit? There is no argument you could build that would make the idea that a man should not be allowed to hit a woman back if she hits him first a valid one.

So what if females are genetically weaker? They should know that whatever they do has consequences, and the consequence with slapping a man is getting slapped back.

Shaun and Nerd like this.
  8. Cat

Cat queen Member

Local Time:
    hitting a woman is just wrong... I was always taught that, and if your parents were any half decent you would've been as well. like okay maybe saying if she's beating the literal shit out of you and you can't hit her back in self defense was too far for me to say but if a woman hits you and the worst that's gonna happen is you'll get a black eye or whatever suck it up princess lol (it may make more sense to you guys if I tell u I am very much not a feminist and I think men and women are not equal. I don't think one is better than the other but a man can't do everything a woman can do and a woman can't do everything a man can do)

9. Maphax

Local Time:
    Boon:
  10. Maphax
  11. You are taking the fact that the average woman is weaker than the average man and the whenever you see a woman you automaticaly assume she is weaker because she is a woman, that is the litterak definition of sexism.
    You say that it's wrong to hit women but why? Because they are on average weaker? How does that even make sense?
    Let's apply this logic to something else, I'm sure you are awear but on average men's IQ tends to be all over tha place (a lot of smart people and a lot of morons) whereas women are a lot more stable around the middle (there aren't as many smart women, but also not as many morons).
    Following through with your logic here, because on average a woman is likely to be a "genius" I should automaticly assume that any woman I see aren't going to be clever, and if I'm interviewing her for a job that requires a high IQ, then I shouldn't hire any women because (by your logic) if the average woman isn't a genius then no woman is a genius.

Do you see how sexist that though process is?

Nerd likes this.
  12. Cat

Cat queen Member

Local Time:
    u know what I'm done here I will stick by my opinion and u can stick by yours and whether it is actually wrong or right when u guys hit a girl ur gonna be the one everyone is going to label as the asshole because no matter what, it IS looked down upon to hit a woman

13. Maphax

Local Time:
    Boon:
  14. Maphax
  15. Always nice to start off with an ad hominem attack isn't it?

First of all, it would be a good idea to actually prove that. Second of all, how am I supposed to know this? Should I just automaticly assume that every woman is see is weaker than me?

So if a woman comes up and threatenes me with a knife, I can't hit her before she hits me first? Really?

Also, you never really answer my questions, which I find, rather... dishonest.

Wait what? You just said that you will not change your opinion even if it's wrong? Did you seriously mean that?
    Wow. That is probobly the most close-minded thing I have ever heard.

So just because other people look down upon it, that automaticly makes it bad? People looked down on gay rights, does that make gay rights bad? People looked down on slaves, does that mean slaves don't deserve the same rights as other people?

16. Mistress

Mistress murdered everybody Member

Local Time:
    Boon:
  17. Mistress
  18. Snog:
  19. insanium
  20. literally the reason why i stopped replying in this thread lol

21. Cat

Cat queen Member

Local Time:
    this whole thread is basically like, "it's okay for women to hit us? it's okay? it's okay?" like really lol what happened to u.. no one said it was okay for women to hit u.. kinda reminds me of the pelicans from finding nemo so repetivite lol "mine mine mine"

Mistress likes this.
  22. Mistress

Mistress murdered everybody Member

Local Time:
    Boon:
  23. Mistress
  24. Snog:
  25. insanium
  26. like im so sorry my parents raised me to not think its okay for a man to hit me. like yeah i get it if im trying to kill him, yes defend yourself. but if a woman slaps you, just take that - pin her down, nobody said slap her back thats just a no.

Cat likes this.
  27. Cat

Cat queen Member

Local Time:
    amen af

28. Shaun

Shaun Registered User Member

Local Time:
    10:21 AM
    Boon:
  29. shaun
  30. ok to say that a woman who looks after her body and is a body builder isnt a woman anymore is just plain fucking retarded. shut up for fuck sake.
    yes i understand maybe some women are weaker than some men, but if a woman was to start a fight (usually the case in newcastle lol) then yes i will defend myself, and if she hits me ill hit her back. I was taught the exact same way as you were, however i know that if someone is to hit me i dont stand back and let them beat me up, even if its a woman. if u get beaten up by a woman in ur logic that dont mean ur a little bitch it means ur fucking retarded enough to not defend yourself.

Obviously, i know that a man shouldnt hit a woman without a reason, neither should a woman hit a man without a reason, and yes if you fully deserved the slap across the face then take it. but if a woman is punching you in the face for any other reason then yes you should be able to hit her back. i dont care if that brands anyone as an asshole, woman shouldnt be given special fucking rights over men, then preach they want gender equality.

you stick by your retarded opinion by all means, but dont say anyone elses IQ is shit because they have theirs and you think yours is right lol

Ralph and Nerd like this.
  31. Deity

Deity dull Member

Local Time:
    Boon:
  32. Deity
  33. Thread has been cleaned out. Debate all you want, but no personal attacks. If I see it again, I'm closing this thread. Y'all are too old for this.

On the topic at hand:

Still not going to get too into this debate til I'm done summer reading (I got shit to do), but considering the fact that y'all have been blowing up my alerts in one thread alone, I figured I might as well add some input. This time I'll address the "should you hit a woman" thing that you've been arguing for the past like week. My thoughts?

This is a dumb question. Let's break it down:

Deity, what do I do if my girlfriend is abusing me in our relationshp?
    ....Leave the relationship. You don't even have to fight her in this situation. Just leave. What's beating her up gonna do except cause trouble sometime in the future? Now if for some reason she's beating you to the point where it actually has to be a fight then yes, use self defense. De-escalate the situation. But 9/10 it does not have to be a wrestling match on the floor like some of you wanna make it seem. weirdos.

What if a girl slaps me?
    "You don't even have to fight her in this situation. Just leave. What's beating her up gonna do?"
    "9/10 it does not have to be a wrestling match on the floor like some of you wanna make it seem."

What about a girl actually trying to fuck me up? Like punching and stuff?
    "If for some reason she's beating you to the point where it actually has to be a fight then yes, use self defense."

What if she insults me?
    eee....
    see uh i'm a bit of a hyprocrite. the smart thing to do when someone insults you is to
    not hit them.
    but i'm also the person that watches videos of someone calling someone else the n word/another insult only to get knocked out and i LIVEEEEE for it. yikes.

cough.

But yeah uh, don't hit them. Hitting is bad. Very bad! Yes!

That being said...

As Cat said before, skimming through some of these arguments, it almost sounds as if you want an excuse to beat up a girl.
    It just seems so whiny. "HOW COME GIRLS CAN HIT GUYS BUT GUYS CAN'T HIT GIRLS????" How come you wanna hit a girl so bad? I really wanna know.
    Have you ever actually been in a situation where a girl was a threat to you? And I mean an actual threat. Not "she was being mean to me : ( !!!!" I mean to the point where you needed to use self defense. Or are you just making up some reverse sexism shit out of nowhere to seem victimized? Oh.

Why does everything need to result in a fight for you? Why are you so adamant on finding a justification for beating up a girl? Why are you hitting, not just girls, but people in general? It makes you sound violent and irrational.

no offense of course xp.

tl;dr
    not everything has to be fight. fight when necessary. no fight when not necessary.

note when i say self defense im not sayin kill her/put her in the hospital cause some of y'all (HEY GEORGE ZIMMERMAN) don't know the difference between "defending" yourself and murder. that's just extra.

also fuck george zimmerman.

Nerd and Mistress like this.
  34. Maphax

Local Time:
    Boon:
  35. Maphax
  36. Is it correct to assume that this (as well as everything else you have said) also apllies to women? That women shouldn't hit a man unless it's in self defense?

All I want, and all I have wanted is concrete boundries on what Cat is saying. She started out saying "you should only hit a women if she is a bodybuilder" and has then changed her "definition" of when it's ok to hit a women multiple times, if no boundries are established you can just keep changing the rules whenever you need to.

37. Pad

Pad ginger snap -hacked by amelia- Member

Local Time:
    Boon:
  38. Pad
  39. self defence is mostly hitting someone once and trying to grapple them to the floor, this isnt self defence, this is going over the top.

Deity likes this.
  40. Deity

Deity dull Member

Local Time:
    Boon:
  41. Deity
  42. Yes.

Nerd likes this.
  43. Nerd

Nerd Ass Queen Senior Forum Staff

Local Time:
    Boon:
  44. Mary
  45. Generally when someone has a rational argument, such as Deity's, it can be assumed that they mean it with both genders. Obviously that's not always the case.
    I meant to do this like two days ago, but forgot because of tests. Thank you <3

Deity likes this.
  46. Maphax

Local Time:
    Boon:
  47. Maphax
  48. Punctuation is important.

Hence why I asked.

49. Nerd

Nerd Ass Queen Senior Forum Staff

Local Time:
    Boon:
  50. Mary
  51. I'm aware of why you asked. I was simply saying with Deity you don't need to. She's not the kind of person to be like that.

52. Pad

Pad ginger snap -hacked by amelia- Member

Local Time:
    Boon:
  53. Pad
  54. debatable

Mistress and Deity like this.