BoonTune | Upcoming Fansite

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by Jump, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Jump

Jump Registered User Member

Local Time:
    7:42 AM
    Boon:
  2. Octillion
  3. [​IMG]
    Release Date: Unknown
    BoonTune is an upcoming fansite being developed and funded by me, Jordan. BoonTune will be the #1 hub for Boon's musical entertainment. While this is quite a bold statement, I feel it is an accurate one with the plans I have for the project.

BoonTune is being developed on WordPress, an amazingly powerful and open source platform. It is easily the most popular Content Management System (CMS) to date.

Our Planned Features:
    • Multi-Stream Radio Player
      When we have a steady bunch of users and demand, I intend to have three radio streams. #1 - Main music which will be popular music in the charts, though not strictly charts. This will not always be the case as they can book this for special shows where they can play whatever they want. #2 - Will be a singular genre stream, where the DJ can play his/hers chosen genre. #3 - A stream dedicated to trial DJ's so their friends can listen in. Trial DJ's will be able to stream on the main radio under supervision, but with this they can use it at will without having to worry about 'messing up.

• Easy To Use Article Builder
      One of the things that limit fansites the most is it's generation of content. This can be due to a number of factors; demand, effort and technical know-how.. With most of them, to make an article you'll need to be pretty savy with HTML and CSS. We aim to remove that obstacle to our content authors by integrating an easy to use visual builder where no code is needed, it'll all be done for them but with the option to add additional code if needed too! We are very close to achieving this too!
    • Fast, Modern, To The Point
      Our design is aimed to be modern an simplistic. Too long have fansite's been using the same old and unresponsive designs. Our website is going to be built for every device* including mobiles!

• Fun Goodies
      We plan to have things such as user image generators and other fun graphic tools! While we don't know how we would connect it to Boon (yet), it's certainly something to aim for! We also plan to do a sort of random giveaway feature to visitors on our website; they will be randomly triggered and the user will get a certain prize (such as in-game items).
      And More!

I'm afraid we don't have much to show yet as a lot of it is still in development. However as the development progresses and something is completed I will post it here so you can track the progress.

• Previews:

Staff Login
      [​IMG]

Recruitment:
      As we are not even half way done with the site we will not yet be recruiting DJ's, Article Writers, etc. We will before we launch, don't worry!

We are however looking for development staff. If this seems like a project you my be interested in please send me a message! Some knowledge of HTML, CSS and if possible PHP will be required. Wordpress experience is desired, but certainly not required.

Thanks,
      Jordan.

4. kie.

kie. Registered User Member

Local Time:
    Boon:
  5. ki3
  6. This looks really good! I look forward to seeing the release of this, Jordan.

Jump likes this.
  7. Ralph

Ralph KING Member

Local Time:
    3:42 AM
    Boon:
  8. ralph
  9. Gonna be a pain making a Habbo theme for WP.
    I've tried and failed, but then again not much of a Habbo designer.

Good luck with this

Jump likes this.
  10. Jump

Local Time:
    Boon:
  11. Octillion
  12. Thank you!

Development is continuing, though it has slowed down. I have a half term coming up in February so when I'm off from college I should be going through everything.

13. mitch

mitch Banned User Banned Member

Local Time:
    6:42 PM
    Boon:
  14. mitch
  15. I highly suggest you code from scratch - and not wordpress.

16. Jump

Local Time:
    Boon:
  17. Octillion
  18. Sorry for the late reply buddy. There's nothing wrong with WordPress, it has exactly what I need, saving me tons of time on coding an article system and more. Anything it doesn't have can be coded manually. All in all it's a fantastic platform to build any type of website on.

19. Boss

Boss boss Forum Owner

Local Time:
    Boon:
  20. Boss
  21. Wordpress is an adequate platform for a fansite, if it's there to use and you can skin it then why not? It has an extensive plugin library and is easy to use.

Other than that , sounds good and best of luck with it :)

Jump and cvm like this.
  22. cvm

cvm Daaaaamn, Daniel. Member

Local Time:
    Boon:
  23. cvm
  24. Snog:
  25. gone
  26. I wonder if it's possible to run a hotel off Wordpress LOL

27. Jump

Local Time:
    Boon:
  28. Octillion
  29. Totally, I've experimented with it myself and had some luck. The most efficient way would be to setup a plugin that syncs the two user databases. If a user is created on the Wordpress it is created on the CMS/Hotel. If a user is created on the CMS/Hotel it is created on the Wordpress. Best thing to do would be to have the base CMS hidden and have Wordpress as the default area for users.

30. Dahliax

Dahliax Registered User Member

Local Time:
    1:42 AM
    Boon:
  31. Dahliax
  32. Looks great! it's gonna be awesome

33. Owzn

Owzn Registered User Member

Local Time:
    8:42 AM
    Boon:
  34. Owzn
  35. looking forward to this fansite

36. sai777

sai777 Registered User Member

Local Time:
    1:12 PM
    Boon:
  37. sai777
  38. There has been lot of these in the past. Only a few were able to continue for a longer period. I wish you all the very best!

39. Funkyzayn

Funkyzayn Registered User Member

Local Time:
    Boon:
  40. slit
  41. Very true.

42. Jump

Local Time:
    Boon:
  43. Octillion
  44. Hello chaps, this is still in the works, just been very busy as of late!

I hope to have something more to show soon!

Conn likes this.
  45. Conn

Conn Registered User Member

Local Time:
    Boon:
  46. Conn
  47. Look forward to seeing more :)

Jump likes this.
  48. Jump

Local Time:
    Boon:
  49. Octillion
  50. Just a bit of an update fellas:
    • We'll be changing the fansites name shortly, which will be announced when I have the domain.
    • Also looking into supporting adverts where people can pay in-game items that'll be used for the fansite in events. For example, the person will pay X for Y weeks advertisement on top advert banner. These will be restricted to Boon related only ads.
    • Looking into adding a jquery player, so when you load a page the music will not stop.
    • Social Media integration has been completed so users can comment using facebook, twitter or google+ - This is NOT a user system, as it is limited to commenting on articles only.

Notice:

Looking for Graphic Designers to assist me with the website, such as designing buttons, article images, logos and more! If you feel you're up for the challenge, please pop me a private message with your skype!

As soon as we've gotten a better logo sorted, I'll be releasing some screenshots of the website design and backend.

Thanks,
    Jordan.

Conn likes this.
  51. Jump

Local Time:
    Boon:
  52. Octillion
  53. Update:

I'm proud to let you all know that a first look into the design will be released in the upcoming days. None of that teaser small picture stuff; full screenshots.

Still looking for people to join the team as a Graphic Designer.

Thanks,
    Jordan.

54. Jump

Local Time:
    Boon:
  55. Octillion
  56. Development has been postponed for a week, so there will be a delay in the previews... sorry!

Still looking for the previously advertised staff members!

57. Mowcha

Mowcha Registered User Member

Local Time:
    Boon:
  58. Mowcha
  59. Heya give me an add on skype live:itsollyuk

60. Jump

Local Time:
    Boon:
  61. Octillion
  62. Hey matey, could you PM me with details on what it's about? :)

Just to let you all know, development is continuing! I still hope to release more screenshots soon.

Thanks,
    Jordan.