Coding Help

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by White, Feb 10, 2016.

1. White

White ur gross Member

Local Time:
    7:42 AM
    Not sure if this is the correct place to post this but..

I'm currently doing a web design/development unit at college and I have to make my own website. I've decided to add an image slider/carousel onto the website which I have a rough idea on how to make - but I want it where if you click an image, some information will pop up in a box underneath, with possibly an X in the corner to close the box.

Now, I have no idea how to create that.. Does anyone know how?

2. Mauvros

Mauvros PhD in dumbfuckery Member

Local Time:
    9:42 AM
    Boon:
  3. Matheos
  4. Javascript is your friend. I love web animations with jQuery and play with 'em all the time. If you wan't something specific I'd love to go through some code with ya. Miss designing for fun.

Check out Bootstrap while you're at it. Good for understanding web design at an early stage as some core features are set up, works well for responsive design too.

HMU via PM if you want help or got some questions :)

5. White

White ur gross Member

Local Time:
    7:42 AM
    I've been messing around with Bootstrap, used some templates as a guidance, etc. I don't actually start the website making until end of February but it'd be nice to be able to play around with the code, so I'll pm you now.

6. Ralph

Ralph KING Member

Local Time:
    3:42 AM
    Boon:
  7. ralph
  8. Should be fairly easy to do using JS. It'll just be giving each slide a name then showing a hidden div on a specific slide click. Ex: clicking slide 1 opens hidden box1, slide 2 hidden box2, etc...

I'm sure you can find a pre-made script for this somewhere on Stackoverflow or something

Mauvros likes this.
  9. mitch

mitch Banned User Banned Member

Local Time:
    6:42 PM
    Boon:
  10. mitch
  11. Birth

Birth Registered User Member

Local Time:
    11:42 PM
    Boon: