Creating website designs

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by Exil, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Exil

Exil Registered User Member

Local Time:
    9:44 AM
    Boon:
  2. Exil
  3. Don't really know what to add here, I create websites, few examples would be:
    www.indahouz.eu - My private project, created for a tournament
    www.lexfori.net23.net - Under construction website for a gaming organisation.

If anyone is interested, ring me a PM or message me on [email protected] and we can talk then :p.
    I might fix this thread up to look better later but im too tired at the moment.

4. Ralph

Ralph KING Member

Local Time:
    3:44 AM
    Boon:
  5. ralph
  6. So much of your websites need to be fixed before you start offering paid work.

In Da Houz:
    - Says navigation in the menu instead of saying the name of the website lol
    - Where it says "Information about owner" and the other stuff, why not just put the image of the owner instead of that ugly black background circle with text on it?
    - Your Download Logo button has no CSS styling to the text and looks cancerous
    - Your news slider takes you nowhere when the image is clicked
    - Your social links are not horizontal to each other

At least your contact form validates itself which is good.

Lex Fori:
    - About Us page throws a 404 error
    - When you click on the teams placeholder (Lorum ipsum) text shows up instead of content
    - Gallery throws a 404 error
    - Social link buttons don't work
    - Clicking the website logo doesn't take you to the homepage. It does nothing

7. Exil

Local Time:
    Boon:
  8. Exil
  9. In Da Houz:
    - Yeah thats not an issue to change
    - That's mainly cause i still havent made any decent pictures
    - might remove it tbh.
    - Added to use later, until a tournament is created, its that
    - on chrome it looks all fixed up :/

Lex fori:
    - under construction
    - same as the above
    - same as the above
    - same as the above
    - well thats an insta fix

the Lex fori website was created a week ago and hasnt been worked on since that same day, the creation of it in general was due to some other stuff, and I only develop it in my spare time, cause the page isint a payed offer, more like helping a friend.

10. Ralph

Ralph KING Member

Local Time:
    3:44 AM
    Boon:
  11. ralph
  12. Yeah that's no worries, just giving my opinion on it. Don't advertise something until it's done imo.
    Also to quote me, hit the reply button under my posts instead of copy pasting what I wrote

13. Exil

Local Time:
    Boon:
  14. Exil
  15. If only I would've copied haha, I admire your opinion as I'm always open to improve, and i've shown those two out of many because the other projects might not really be suitable here (healthcare etc.) gaming and gaming tournaments I thought would suit here the most :D

16. Mauvros

Mauvros PhD in dumbfuckery Member

Local Time:
    Boon:
  17. Matheos
  18. Indahouz through Chrome the DNS Server cant be resolved, page will not open.

However I like the style of Lexi Fori, Nice simplistic design and the colors go well. Probably going to us the font off Google myself as well to be honest :rolleyes:, heads up tho, it's semi responsive and would be nice if you enable the whole site to be cross platform. i.e: When the browser is compressed, the logo, center content and copyright at the bottom of your page align correctly but cuts out parts of your navigation.

Maybe set a breakpoint for the navigation to swap it into a slide-out style navigation point for certain browsers, Mobile / Tablet etc.

19. Exil

Local Time:
    Boon:
  20. Exil
  21. Haha thanks, yeah I don't know whats up with indahouz, as it only works on proxy for me, and I'll add mobile support to lex fori soon, but will be quite hard since the current design wouldn't fit in haha.

22. Mauvros

Mauvros PhD in dumbfuckery Member

Local Time:
    Boon:
  23. Matheos
  24. How so? Add your margin breakpoints to allow it to resize to browser width, and when compressed they should widen to the screen size and content that's aligned horizontally on a laptop would stack vertical on a mobile browser.

25. Exil

Local Time:
    Boon:
  26. Exil
  27. Well I thought about making a different design that would fit to the mobile app, indahouz, being a one page bootstrap, is basically already a mobile fit, but this is slightly different

28. ClimaxGiver

ClimaxGiver Registered User Member

Local Time:
    7:44 AM
    Boon:
  29. ClimaxGiver
  30. I'll be honest here. Your site design is simple and straight to the point (exfori) but it's pretty shit. What about hovering links, when links have been visited etc? Bring your site to life.
    What pissed me off the most about your site was this:
    Code:
    <li>
          <a href="mailto:[email protected]"  accesskey="5" title="">Contact Us</a>
    </li>

... F YOU.

31. Exil

Local Time:
    Boon:
  32. Exil
  33. lmao, why do you guys insist Lex Fori is a finished website?