Forum Event Hosts.

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Feedback and Help' started by Trump, May 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trump

Trump Events Winner Forum Events Winner

Local Time:
    7:22 PM
    I checked lately that it has been 4 months since someone actually did some events for the forums. The mods used to do a great job on hosting events for the whole forum and everyone enjoyed it. I think if the forum actually got some forum event hosts, the forum would be lively with all the events going on. I think there were event hosts before but then they rather have forum mods doing it instead, idk i could be wrong. I'd think many would love to host events or even participate in them. Maybe forum mods still do it or get new forum event hosts.

Also, Master if you post hate comments, i'm going to get someone to ban you cause ur literally pissing me off

2. Mauvros

Mauvros PhD in dumbfuckery Member

Local Time:
    9:22 PM
    Boon:
  3. Matheos
  4. I've been thinking of a few events to bring up recently in the next week or so, I've just been mad busy with moving to another city so it skipped my mind, but cheers for the reminder.

Also, Master is already banned.

5. Trump

Local Time:
    Oh right cool. But it would be still awesome if there were Forum Events hosts instead of having forum mods doing it to have more people contribute as a forum staff (if u know what i mean)

And Ty to whoever banned him

Mauvros likes this.
  6. Mistress

Mistress murdered everybody Member

Local Time:
    2:22 PM
    Boon:
  7. Mistress
  8. Snog:
  9. insanium
  10. there was forum event staff, it was removed. plus the forum community isn't as big as it used to be, the only people on the forums are people who quit boon or are banned from boon.

11. Pad

Pad ginger snap -hacked by amelia- Member

Local Time:
    Boon:
  12. Pad
  13. this happened, then you wasn't picked and you blamed biased management on the forums and left for a few months. plus the events were good but with minimal link to the hotel now they're sadly useless.

as for you wanting master to be banned, I'm worse, yet you dont respond to me.

Deity likes this.
  14. Deity

Deity dull Member

Local Time:
    2:22 PM
    Boon:
  15. Deity
  16. (i didn't intetionally ban him. i infracted him and it just happened to be enough to get him banned. shrug.)

we've stopped hosting for a while because everytime we do an event about 2 people (3 on a good day) actually participate. usually it starts with a thread like this asking for more, we do more, and no one seems to notice/care. and if for some reason this isn't the event they want, no one bothers posting in the event suggestions thread on what they actually want to see. (there was once a time many people begged kay to host signature of the week. she made the thread, kept it up for two weeks and got zero entries).

bud had tried using hotel alerts to get people to play. that's all fine and dandy but that usually results in 20 people in the shoutbox confused and not knowing what to do even with our instruction, causing most of them to just log out. (plus there'd probably be an ingame event going on anyway, so who would pay attention?)

as for prizes, the badges are a hassle because we don't really talk to boon staff much so it's a bother to track one down and ask. and if we're being honest most people play events for the gotw point which you don't get from forum events (it's not like the rares on here are any different from your average "roll 1-6" rare)

but to actually address your suggestion i really don't think we need more "forum event staff" considering the fact that our staff team, to me, is big enough if not a little too big for this forum.

while i'd like to host more events, it doesn't seem like there's a point if no one participates.

edit: plus the forum's dead. so there's that.

bud and Trump like this.
  17. Trump

Local Time:
    Ur not worse. Trust me, i hate Master the most. He literally pisses me off and he thinks he's some badass but he ain't so yh. At least you don't think ur some internet bad ass.

18. Adrian

Adrian King BoonForums Owner

Local Time:
    1:22 PM
    Not bringing back forum event staff.

Maybe later in the future.

Thread closed

bud likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.