More forum sections & more forum advertisement

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Feedback and Help' started by bud, Dec 19, 2015.

1. bud

bud yikes :( BoonForums Manager

Local Time:
    11:21 AM
    Boon:
  2. bud
  3. More fun forum sections for other games etc. boonforums is pretty small in sections compared to other forums idk. @Robert made a thread indicating that all we see is ban/scam reports and it's true. I remember when forums was fun and active. Maybe add more sections, more events staff, and more advertising through HA's.

Just something INVOLVING boonforums 24/7 on the client not just for scam and ban threads. idk just my idea i probably sound dum

4. Adrian

Adrian King BoonForums Owner

Local Time:
    1:21 PM
    Please suggest some sections.

There was a BoonForums article before and it was stopped and I don't know why.

There was also a section on Habboon Happenings for BoonForums, but it was also stopped.

5. soaf

soaf Registered User Member

Local Time:
    2:21 PM
    I suggest yes more forum section!

6. bud

Local Time:
    Boon:
  7. bud
  8. Everything Habbo section where guides, names, etc go
    Movies & tv series section where we give feedback on new/old movies or suggestion to movies/shows (I'm a total junkie when it comes to watching tv series)
    "Ask boonforums" section where us users get in contact of all the boonforums staff at once and we ask them anything like WTFriday but daily & it's all public
    Rant Section get shit off our chest, school, work, life.. you feel? not just 1 thread full of nonsense
    Trade city section where we TRADE/BUY not just buy/sell boon shit
    Stand-up comedy section where we can be funny and humorous without getting banned
    Complaints section for both habboon and boonforums (private) we people dont publicly complain on support threads

@Adrian @Tyler

9. Deity

Deity dull Member

Local Time:
    2:21 PM
    Boon:
  10. Deity
  11. i agree with the new sections & stuff. would be lit.
    but here's the actual problem with events: barely anyone enters.
    people entered yours sure but that was because of a cash prize. and i don't love anyone that isn't myself enough to buy them shit. and i think it's kinda bullshit that we have to literally bribe users into entering. (@Jamie did that lottery thing with like 60000 prizes out of desperation).
    we have a suggestion thread for forum events so people can actually tell us what they want, and even then no one enters (a lot of people asked for sotw, @Kay made it, kept the thread up for over a week, no one entered). there was also @crazy. and that christmas event no one bothered with, amongst others. had the halloween events that less than 10 people participated in after the first day. that's why i've stopped bothering with forum events unless it's a really big one (planning something for new years as we speak. fuck christmas). it's pointless when it's the same four people entering. while laziness on my part is also to blame, why the hell should i waste my time for something no one's going to appreciate?
    that being said, well, that's another reason why your suggestion works out. although technically speaking most of those sections are more specific types of pre-existing ones (ex; "chit chat" is where one would post rants, complaints are really suggestions unless you're talking about abusing power. i personally wouldnt mind it but ik boon staff may have a problem, etc).
    but this could work out if adrian doesn't fuck something up
    thx pal

Mistress, Kay, Nerd and 1 other person like this.
  12. bud

Local Time:
    Boon:
  13. bud
  14. i agree adrian fks shit up

Deity likes this.
  15. Adrian

Adrian King BoonForums Owner

Local Time:
    1:21 PM
    yeah I agree, I fucked up by hiring you, let me change that. :)

16. bud

Local Time:
    Boon:
  17. bud
  18. STOPPPPPPPPPP

19. Mauvros

Mauvros PhD in dumbfuckery Member

Local Time:
    9:21 PM
    Boon:
  20. Matheos
  21. Pretty sure this covers it though? Link. I doubt a whole section would be good, but maybe a pinned thread similar to ones found in Chit Chat.
    But there's a thread here where like a good 40% of the posts are solid ranting or bitching.
    I'm guessing you mean like trading legitimate things outside the game? Little confused to how this would work and if it'd be safe. There's always Craigslist.
    In my opinion that would kind of count as General Discussion, which is already a section, and guides are already listed as a sub-section in Help & Support.

One that might be useful would be a complains section or sub-section. Not trying to piss over your parade, but most of the ones you suggested already exist or wouldn't require their own section.

Adrian and bud like this.