Opinions on the Orlando Shooting & double standards

Discussion in 'Debate' started by Maphax, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Maphax

Maphax Registered User Member

Local Time:
    11:22 AM
    Boon:
  2. Maphax
  3. Ok, so at this point, the flames have pretty much died out, and the topic isn't as sensetive as it has been.
    So why not talk about it ;D?

Anyway, the main thing that I have found somewhat annoying about this whole thing, is how the media is so quick to jump on the "white man shoots up school" bandwagon, but when a muslim does something like this, suddenly their race/religion doesn't matter/is ignored?

I just find this to be, quite annoying and dishonest.
    But hey, standards are great, double standards are twice as good ;D

4. bantaclause420

bantaclause420 Registered User Member

Local Time:
    10:22 AM
    Boon:
  5. bantaclause420
  6. Its America anyone can buy a gun willy nilly and go mental. Its not about religion or race, its just the fact that guns are so easy to obtain and people want to kill. Simple.

7. Maphax

Local Time:
    Boon:
  8. Maphax
  9. I honestly feel like this whole "gun debate" is missing the point, while it is easier to get a gun in the US, it's not really difficult to do so in other countries, but they don't have this amount of shootings.
    While I feel their "gun culture" surely has some impact, I don't think you can blame everything on it, if these kinds of people didn't have guns, they would have something else.
    So yeah, I feel this "blame it on the guns" thing obscures the bigger picture. The reality is that there have been a culture clash in the US (and other countires) over the last few years, and we can obviously see this in the rising amount of terrorist attacks (the majority of which are muslim).

Now, my actual point is that the media is so quick to point it out when a white guy shoots up a school, but they try their absolute hardest to cover up this guys RELIGION, not even just his race, but his religion. This blatant double standard is just so ugly.
    And while pretty much noone takes the media serious at this point, it's scary how some of these media are state funded (atleast if memory serves).

bantaclause420 likes this.
  10. bud

bud yikes :( BoonForums Manager

Local Time:
    2:22 AM
    Boon:
  11. bud
  12. The shooter was a Muslim, not a white boy. In this situation, his religion was a problem because he was taught and believed that it was okay to hate on gays. I'm Muslim, I know the religion pretty well my dude... We are raised to hate gays and taught that it isn't alright. Little does my dad know that 2 of his family members are gay (not me tho). I never listened to my father, I never learned to hate gays. Doesn't mean other Muslim kids aren't listening to their parents or their family when they say gay is bad. Not saying all Muslim parents do that because I know a few who understand. I'm just saying that sometimes Muslims are at fault, and they can be pretty racist and homophobic like my father. But that's every race, every race has that few parents who teach their kids to hate. It's all about teaching your kids lol or else they're gonna grow up to be fucked up and disgusting.

13. Maphax

Local Time:
    Boon:
  14. Maphax
  15. I never said the shooter was white, I know he is muslim (not that muslim is a race).
    I was refering to school shootings, where it's mostly white boys, and how the media goes complete apeshit over it, but then tries to cover up the orlando shooters religion.

16. Deity

Deity dull Member

Local Time:
    5:22 AM
    Boon:
  17. Deity
  18. ...brother what media were you watching?

Trump, Pad and bud like this.
  19. Pad

Pad ginger snap -hacked by amelia- Member

Local Time:
    Boon:
  20. Pad
  21. american and western media LOVE when a muslim does this, because they're the worst thing to happen in western civilization since public internet.

bud and Deity like this.
  22. Maphax

Local Time:
    Boon:
  23. Maphax
  24. It was pretty universal, TYT, NBC, ABC, FOX etc.

25. Trump

Trump Events Winner Forum Events Winner

Local Time:
    Erm... I'm sure this happened like a 2 month's ago, back in June????? Why you posting a thread about it now?

26. Maphax

Local Time:
    Boon:
  27. Maphax
  28. Life becomes so much easier when you read things before you comment xd

Nerd likes this.
  29. Pad

Local Time:
    Boon:
  30. Pad
  31. the fact you added fox to a list that didn't note he was a muslim, makes me think that you didn't watch fox.

Deity likes this.
  32. Maphax

Local Time:
    Boon:
  33. Maphax
  34. I misspoke on that one, correct, but my point remains the same.

It's like if my point is there is a lot of water in the fridge, and I say "there are 20 water bottles in the fridge" and you then say "ahah no man, there are only 19 water bottles in the fridge"

Yeah so what? There is still a lot of water in the fridge.

35. Pad

Local Time:
    Boon:
  36. Pad
  37. this point makes no sense