Presidential Debate

Discussion in 'Debate' started by Ralph, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Ralph

Ralph KING Member

Local Time:
    6:22 AM
    Boon:
  2. ralph
  3. And your issues with Brexit voters are?

4. Oscar

Oscar cute Member

Local Time:
    10:22 AM
    Boon:
  5. Oscar
  6. dont really want to get deep into it, but brexit was all about entitlement and it pissed me off
    people think they're above everyone else because they were born in the UK and that we should be able to pick and choose who gets in, like it's some exclusive little club, which is pathetic. "I'm not against migration I just think we should only let skilled people in" like oh my god get over yourself you arent special
    anyways brexit was different in that there were a range of issues to consider, however it can't be denied that a very large number of people voted brexit because of the free movement of people

Deity likes this.
  7. Ralph

Ralph KING Member

Local Time:
    Boon:
  8. ralph
  9. So you're against only accepting people into the UK that would actually contribute to the country?
    Do you realize how stupid that sounds. Why don't we let everyone in and give them all welfare checks while they contribute nothing at all to society? There's many reasons to this.

Also, immigration was probably the biggest factor influencing the Brexit vote, and if I were British I sure as hell would've voted for Leave. There are legit no pros of staying in the EU.

10. Deity

Deity dull Member

Local Time:
    5:22 AM
    Boon:
  11. Deity
  12. and here's our problem.

you don't want to acknowledge the fact that racism is more than him calling black people the n word or something lol. like you can't hear damn near everything he's said about mexicans and guise that under "he's talking about the illegal ones :(" i promose he trulyyy isn't.

and the fact that you defend breitbart says enough lol I don't even want to get into that. it's a site that literally caters to white supremacists man how do you not see this

because, once again:

Oscar likes this.
  13. Ralph

Ralph KING Member

Local Time:
    Boon:
  14. ralph
  15. Sure, we can agree to disagree on Breitbart and Bannon. I'm not a huge fan of him myself.

Care to say a few things he has said about mexicans?

The funny thing is you stated his whole campaign was ran on racism but you've only been able to point out on thing, which isn't really that strong of a point.

16. Oscar

Oscar cute Member

Local Time:
    10:22 AM
    Boon:
  17. Oscar
  18. This is what I mean, it's that sense of entitlement that I don't like. You're elevating yourself above others just for being part of a first world country, and acting like you're part of an exclusive little club that only the best can get in to, it just makes my skin crawl it's so pathetic.

Suggesting that all immigrants are benefit scroungers is in my opinion a much worse and a much more dangerous generalisation to make than me assuming trump supporters are all racist. The benefits system is there for people who need it most, and if it gets abused then yes it's immoral, but it's only a very small number who abuse it, and just as many 'British' people abuse the system as immigrants.

It's much easier to reform a benefits system to stop people abusing it than to reform people's backwards and racist attitudes.

19. Ralph

Ralph KING Member

Local Time:
    Boon:
  20. ralph
  21. It has nothing to do with entitlement, it has to do with putting the needs of British people first. If we were to just let in anyone into the country, as the EU wants to do, economic migrants would be rushing to the countries, as they are doing. Many of the "refugees" we see coming to Europe everyday aren't even from Syria, but are migrants looking for a better life in better developed countries. If we were to allow everyone to travel anywhere, why do countries even exist? Why have borders if anyone can come into the country?

It isn't only about people abusing benefits, it's also about wanting to keep your country English-speaking. Many of the people that were moving to the UK in the recent years were people that weren't even thinking about learning the English language or adjusting to the english customs. We're seeing many arabic-speaking areas growing in the UK where most people do not even speak English.

It's also mostly about only wanting what's best for your country. Why let in 1000 people that won't be self-sustaining and will be a burden on the economy and society instead of letting in 1000 people that can sustain themselves, have good jobs, experience, etc...

No where did I make the point that I believed migrants were all benefits scroungers. Just because people already abuse the system doesn't mean we should allow more people to abuse it. That's like saying let's just allow illegal immigrants to come in because rape already happens in our country, so more rape won't really matter.

22. Ralph

Ralph KING Member

Local Time:
    Boon:
  23. ralph
  24. Just under 2 months until Trump is in the WH. ;)

25. Bot

Bot æ Administrator

Local Time:
    2:22 AM
    Boon:
  26. Bot
  27. Snog:
  28. heat
  29. Now that I see, Trump wont be much of a bad president. Some of his proclaimed plans have already been changed. Trump is a smart person, he is a business man. The guy know what he is doing!

Ralph likes this.
  30. Ralph

Ralph KING Member

Local Time:
    Boon:
  31. ralph
  32. Congrats to Donald Trump for winning the presidency for the third time this year.
    24 days till he's in office.