The Hiring Process

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Wrath, Apr 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wrath

Wrath Deathlord Member

Local Time:
    3:51 AM
    Dear Habbooners,

I have recently been asked how Trial Moderators are chosen a number of times. I have explained this to some of you, but I thought I would put it on the forum so everyone can understand the hiring process. Additionally, I will add some examples of good and bad Staff applications.

The hiring process is extremely lengthy, and takes a great deal of time.

1) Staff applications are reviewed.

-Each application is reviewed, regardless of how many there are. I find it EXTREMELY unfair to not read every one, considering that some people spend hours creating the perfect application. This month, 788 applications were reviewed.

2) Staff are asked for their recommendations.

-When 50-100 names have been chosen from the applications, they are written down and Staff are asked to give their recommendations.

-Staff are NOT allowed to pick friends, if they have been seen speaking extensively with one user, or being overly friendly, that person is not allowed to be nominated. If at any point through checking chatlogs Staff are seen speaking to the user, the Staff member is given a strike, and the person's nomination is not counted.

-If any of the nominated users names match with the applications picked out by the managers, they are looked at in further detail.

3) Online time, chatlogs and activity are reviewed.

-Each user with an exceptional application or matching nomination and application have their chatlogs, online time and hotel activity checked. Users who have decent online times, chatlogs and are seen being helpful, interactive or hosting events are put into the next phase.

4) Interviews

-Roughly 10-20 users make it through to the interview phase. Each user is asked a number of questions regarding their applications, chatlogs, activities and what the job requires.

5) Trial Moderators

-Those successful in the interview phase are given the chance to prove themselves in our Trial Moderator program. Roughly 60% of people chosen are successful and are made full time Moderators.

Kash, LordAlex, Adrian and 14 others like this.
  2. Wrath

Wrath Deathlord Member

Local Time:
    3:51 AM
    I additionally thought it would be useful to include good and bad examples of applications here. These applications have been compartmentalized from actual applications, names will not be given. These are being used solely for learning purposes.

Bad application example:

Habboon Username:
    MassiveLoser

Timezone:
    europe

Why do you want to be a Habboon Moderator?
    i have a lot of people i dont like nd i want to ban em. how r u anyway?

Do you have any experience? If yes, please include how much experience you have.
    yh im a mod on ladygaga hotel at the moment its super good u should go there i can get u staff

Why should we hire you over other applicants?
    because they probly faggots and i have good experience on ladygagahotel

Anything else you would like to add, please say here.
    ur my fav staff

Good application example:

Habboon Username:
    GoodApplicant

Timezone:
    GMT+1

Why do you want to be a Habboon Moderator?
    I can devote a great deal of time into the hotel along with a fresh ideas and my enthusiastic approach. Being a Habboon Moderator would allow me to aid users easier and interact with multiple users in the diverse community. I am always willing to learn and cherish the chance to socialize with new users. I am fully aware that being staff requires a certain level of professionalism which I feel I would be able to maintain.

Do you have any experience? If yes, please include how much experience you have.
    I have experience on a number of hotels, and am well acquainted with Housekeeping/ASE and the Call For Help (CFH) system. The experience on these hotels has given me an idea of how users should be treated, how to use all Moderation systems and how to act professionally.

[LadyGaga Hotel] (Moderator)
    [Ke$ha Hotel] (Administrator)
    [Beyonce Hotel] (Trial Moderator)

Alternatively:

No. I do not have experience on other hotels, however, I am always willing to learn, as stated, and would greatly appreciate the experience on Habboon. My main aim is to make the hotel a safer and more enjoyable place to be.

Why should we hire you over other applicants?
    I am always happy to help and aid users to gain the very best experience on Habboon. Unlike others, my main aim is to make the hotel a safer place, and to act as a role model to all the other Habbooners. Additionally, I am online on Habboon for 3+ hours a day, giving me ample time to interact and make a difference.

Anything else you would like to add, please say here.
    Thank you for reading my application.

Alternatively:

I will be away from 9th-15th of April.

seculus, Vex, Kash and 17 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.