[tut] how to wire any event to "turn on and off"!

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Trauma, Apr 6, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Trauma

Trauma 88yewhdhbpe9n Member

Local Time:
    11:31 AM
    Boon:
  2. Trauma
  3. How to turn any event "on and off" -- a kool tutorial with the kool trauma 8)

Hii! I'm always asked how to wire events and to wire them for others and I figured instead of exhausting myself explaining 100 times over I make you all a tutorial to look back on for reference! yay!

So basically, we start in a room, like so:

[​IMG]

Make anything you want, it's the same wiring process for any event but for this tutorial in particular I'm going to do Heaven/Hell.

[​IMG]

So now we're done with the ~very time consuming~ game, it's time to floor plan a lil hidden area for our wired and our game to go yippee!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You'll probably need a bigger area planned out for more events, but I'm only doing a small area cause duh, I'm wiring one event!
    If everything worked, you'll end up with a lil hidden area you can drag your screen to find like this one.

[​IMG]

OK BUT REALLY, NOW TO THE WIRED. the gr8 stuff.
    you will need the following!
    2x trigger: user says keyword (because you clearly need a keyword to turn it on and off you dingus)
    6x effect: match furni to position and state (depending on how much furni you have you might need more or less, each state can have 15 furni on it.)
    2x condition: triggering user is on furni (so no one else can say the keywords to make the game come and go besides you, duh!!)
    1x trigger: user walks on furni (only need this for heaven/hell, so when you walk on the gates you teleport somewhere!)
    1x: effect: teleport to furni (again only needed for heaven/hell!)
    anddddd one roller! yay!

Oki doki, lets get to wiring the game in the "on" state!

[​IMG]

as seen, make sure you tick all the lil boxes for the wired! this makes the furni stay in place once you've selected it. now do the same with the rest of the wired boxes, making sure all the boxes are ticked.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

now we've done that, time to add the keyword and the condition.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

alrighty, that's one state done. you can hide the wired in the area we made before.
    it should look like this if you've done it right.

[​IMG]

hooooooookay let's get to the "off" state of the furni!
    we're gonna use the same things we just used, 3 match furni to position and states, a keyword and a condition.
    this time you're going to open up the wired box and move the furni to the hidden area!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

now that's been done, add another keyword and another condition.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

test out your codes! if you've done them right, they should turn on and off on keyword.
    as for the gates, simply select the user walks on furni wired, select all the gates and press ready.
    now select the teleport to furni wired and select the one chair in hell, and the one chair in heaven. stack the two wired ontop of eachother in your little hidden area and you're finished! yippee!

hopefully this makes sense and is comprehensive to some extent and i hope it worked for you : ) if you have any issues feel free to contact me in game, i have the same username as i do on the forums.
    have fun wiring pals!! x

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  4. Bintu

Bintu Registered User Member

Local Time:
    7:31 PM
    Boon:
  5. Scurd
  6. 10/10, Would look at this thread and wire my rooms. Sike I will just get you to wire em

Trauma likes this.
  7. sai777

sai777 Registered User Member

Local Time:
    6:01 AM
    Boon:
  8. sai777
  9. Hit like if you haven't read the whole thing

Enzo. and TwiztidHarleen like this.