[TUT] Last Man Standing WIRED Tutorial [TUT]

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Hol, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Hol

Hol Registered User Member

Local Time:
    12:33 AM
    Boon:
  2. Hol
  3. Hello! Today I will be writing a tutorial on how to make a wired LMS. This is for my fellow users that would like to host events but they absolutely despise this game and have no idea how to wire it. After a challenge of figuring it out I have decided to share my method of wiring LMS with you guys!

PLEASE BEAR WITH ME AS I AM NOT A PROFESSIONAL AND THIS IS MY FIRST TUTORIAL. FEEDBACK APPRECIATED <3

What you will need for this tutorial:

5x WIRED Effect: Match Furni to Position & State
    5x WIRED Trigger: User Says Keyword
    5x WIRED Condition: Triggering User Is On Furni
    1x WIRED Effect: Teleport to Furni
    2x WIRED Trigger: User Walks On Furni

What the WIRED setup looks like:

[​IMG]
    First, Second, Third, Fourth & Fifth Stack: WIRED Effect: Match Furni, WIRED Trigger: User Says Keyword, WIRED Condition: Triggering User Is On Furni
    Sixth stack: 2x WIRED Trigger: User Walks On Furni, WIRED Effect: Teleport to Furni

What the GAME setup looks like:

[​IMG]
    PLEASE NOTE: The game area DOES NOT have to be this small, this was a quick build, if you do want to make the game area big for your needs, you need to make sure the tiles are equal, otherwise you will get unhappy event players complaining about your ignorance towards the game. Also make sure you have a host area (where you will be wiring "WIRED Condition: Triggering User Is On Furni" to and make sure nobody else can sit on this area, but for this tutorial I will be using a green tile as my host area. You also need a place where the person will teleport to when they are out of the game (this will be explained later) I will be using a tile.

Now, without further ado, THE METHOD!

Step 1:

You will need to set up your first wired stack, so, using the WIRED setup and GAME setup I provided above, please set up your game as it was said. If you are planning for this room to be strictly for LMS, you can skip this step, this is for the people making a mixed events room.

So, for this you need to understand what to set the wired as, as we are going to be matching the furni to the game area.
    The following screenshots will show you what your wired should look like.
    WIRED Effect: Match Furni to Position & State - [​IMG]
    WIRED Trigger: User Says Keyword:
    [​IMG] You can use whatever keyword you like, I just chose this as it is easy to remember.)
    WIRED Condition:
    Triggering User Is On Furni:

[​IMG] (Remember to wire this to your HOST CHAIR and remember I am using a green tile as my host chair because I'm lazy.)

To get the tiles off of the game area, repeat this step but instead of putting the tiles inside the game area put them outside of the area (preferably hidden so that your room doesn't look messy!)

Step 2:

This next step is quite complicated, this is the part I was struggling with, so I have done a video demonstration for this method, please make sure you have your volume up as I am guiding with my voice.

So,
    for this step, you will be learning how to turn your tiles on and off using wired. This step is important.

If you cant understand my voice I do apologise, I know I mumble at times.

Step 3:

For this step I will be showing you how to wire and setup your game when there are a certain amount of users left in the game (the amount is your choice honestly, it's just so nobody can stand at the other side of the arena to everyone else then run to the other side when someone comes for them and it ends up as a game of pixel tag LOL.) There will be two parts to this, part a and part b, this is so I can show you guys the semi final round as I like to call it, and the final round.

For this part, as stated in the spoiler title, this will be showing you the semi final round.
    The setup is different to the above setup I demonstrated earlier on in this tutorial, I will be demonstrating with pictures and a description of what's going on in the picture!

First: You need to set your tiles up as I will show in the following image:
    [​IMG]
    MAKE SURE THE MIDDLE TILE IS DIRECTLY IN THE MIDDLE OTHERWISE THE GAME WILL BE UNFAIR.

Next: You need to wire the tiles so that you can say a keyword and they will go to this position!
    The wired you will need for this step is:
    - WIRED Trigger: User Says Keyword
    - WIRED Effect: Match Furni To Position & State
    - WIRED Condition: Triggering User Is On Furni

So, first you need to make a keyword using WIRED Trigger: User Says Keyword, so for me, I put the code: "semiround" and if you like you could too.
    [​IMG]

Then, you can wire the condition, so just wire WIRED Condition: Triggering User Is On Furni to your host chair (or for me my green tile!) I'll provide a screenshot but I'm sure you guys know how to wire the condition by now!
    [​IMG]

Now, here is the important part! You need to use your WIRED Effect: Match Furni To Position & State to make it do when you say the keyword it will go into the setup above! So, double click your wired box, then highlight all the tiles when you've put them into the above setup, and tick "Current Position In Room":
    [​IMG]

For this part, as stated in the spoiler title, this will be showing you the final round.
    The setup is different to the above setups I demonstrated earlier on in this tutorial, I will be demonstrating with pictures and a description of what's going on in the picture!

First: You need to set your tiles up as I will show in the following image:
    [​IMG]

And then you need to do the same wired as I described in the previous step, but change the keyword to something similar to: "final round", and highlighting all the tiles in the above position with your WIRED Effect: Match Furni To Position & State.

I think I've covered everything I need to in this tutorial, I hope you guys find this helpful and if there's anything you would like to add feel free to say something!
    Feedback is welcome! Please, if you are giving me something to improve on, try to be polite about it because I'm a very sensitive person!

TheHabboonWay, Adrian and Wouto like this.
  4. Pray

Pray Registered User Member

Local Time:
    Boon:
  5. Pray
  6. Nice cool!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  7. Mauvros

Mauvros PhD in dumbfuckery Member

Local Time:
    2:33 AM
    Boon:
  8. Matheos
  9. Awesome Tut. Looks clean and I trust that it works. Nice addition to the Tutorial Section :)

10. Trump

Trump Events Winner Forum Events Winner

Local Time:
    Ty but i wanna build an event room but i cannot do wired. Aaah!

11. Hol

Hol Registered User Member

Local Time:
    Boon:
  12. Hol
  13. There's many tutorials on the forums on how to do basic event room wired, but if you like I can show you how to do it, just pm me.

14. Lee

Lee Lee the Legend ;) Member

Local Time:
    Boon:
  15. Lee
  16. Nice simple tutorial, good job c: