[TUT] Understanding Basic Wired

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Mauvros, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Mauvros

Mauvros PhD in dumbfuckery Member

Local Time:
    2:35 AM
    Boon:
  2. Matheos
  3. [​IMG]
    Thought I'd make a small tutorial on understanding basic wired, how it works, and what you can do. Ill try to keep it sweet, short and simple.

Before you go further, you should obviously know there are three types of wired furni. Triggers, Effects & Conditions.

- What is wired exactly? Wired furni are sets of furniture that perform tasks. You set them up to do things, like move furni, display some messages, almost anything as long as there's a furni for it!
    - How does it work? Wired works when you have a trigger and an effect. Conditions can be added, that's later.
    - Is it hard? For the most part, very simple when you get your head round it, and you can learn more from there.

#1 Triggers - what they are, and what they do.

A 'trigger' is what it says it is. The trigger furni is like the starting point. Without it, your wired won't work. This is the furni that, when someone does something, like 'walks on furni', then it will trigger an effect. Here I'm using a common wired combo. Where a user is teleported to another furni when they walk on something.

[​IMG] .
    This trigger is user walks on furni. Double click the wired to bring up the console. Most wired explain how they work, just reading can tell you how :) This furni triggers when a user walks on a furni. This one allows you to choose 5 furni to walk on to set off the trigger (You select the 5 furni you want just by clicking them), choose your furni and click ''Ready''.

#2 Effects.

An effect is like a 'result'. It's what happens when something is activated by a trigger furni. For an effect to happen, the furni must be stacked on the same floor tile as the trigger. I'm using ''teleport to furni'', a very simple wired. But you can also use others such as display message, also very simple.

[​IMG]

Place your effect ON TOP of your trigger. Like all wired, double click the wired, and it will ask you what to do. This wired asks you to choose 1-15 furni to teleport to. (The more you select, the more random the place you'll go. I've only selected the lifeguard tower, so Ill be shot there :). Select the furni you want to tele to, and click ready. Done!

When you walk onto the White Coco Chair, you should be teleported to the lifeguard tower! Remember, you can always add more than one effect. Maybe add a message aswell?

-------

If you spot any spelling errors let me know, This is only very basic, although if you like the format and style I wrote this in and it turns out helpful, I'll make a full in depth tut series. Bit by bit. Moving up through conditions etc.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
    T J and Fugitive like this.
  4. Fugitive

Fugitive Banned User Banned Member

Local Time:
    4:35 PM
    Boon:
  5. Fugitive
  6. I don't believe this is completely valid. Isn't it able to be placed under as well?

T J likes this.
  7. Mauvros

Local Time:
    2:35 AM
    Boon:
  8. Matheos
  9. Should have really said it should be in the same floor tile. Was speed writing this, but yes you're correct. As long as they're together. Personally I use a roller to compress them all to one height.

10. Fugitive

Fugitive Banned User Banned Member

Local Time:
    4:35 PM
    Boon:
  11. Fugitive
  12. But still, an overall good tutorial for people who haven't had much experience with wired.

Mauvros likes this.
  13. T J

T J Hey Member

Local Time:
    12:35 AM
    Boon:
  14. TJ
  15. You can also have gaps in a wired stack, as long as they're on the same tile.

16. Lee

Lee Lee the Legend ;) Member

Local Time:
    12:35 AM
    Boon:
  17. Lee
  18. Nice simple guide , good job Matheos :)

Mauvros likes this.
  19. Hayley

Hayley Registered User Member

Local Time:
    6:35 PM
    Boon:
  20. MOD-Hayley
  21. youre so nice great tutorial :blush:

Mauvros likes this.
  22. Mauvros

Local Time: