Why are Tampons considered a "Luxury"

Discussion in 'Debate' started by Imperial, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Maphax

Maphax Registered User Member

Local Time:
    11:16 AM
    Boon:
  2. Maphax
  3. Toilet paper is also considered a luxury, I really don't see the problem.

4. Pad

Pad ginger snap -hacked by amelia- Member

Local Time:
    10:16 AM
    Boon:
  5. Pad
  6. in the context it was used, tampons are not a luxury item and therefore cost more in the united kingdom through the VAT addition.

7. bud

bud yikes :( BoonForums Manager

Local Time:
    2:16 AM
    Boon:
  8. bud
  9. Who cares what they're called tho... If McNuggets were called luxury mcnuggets, youd still eat them tho and not complain cuz they still good af and do the job. Women use "luxury" tampons cause that shit helps their red river stay in place, still does the job.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 6, 2016 ---
    Toilet paper is overrated, you use that shit to wipe your ass after a big shit, your ass is still gonna smell like shit. Water and soap, then wipe with a rag. Other then that, you're gonna have toilet paper dingle barries and that shit ain't clean.

10. Maphax

Maphax Registered User Member

Local Time:
    Boon:
  11. Maphax
  12. "I don't even whipe bro"
    -Mitch Jones

bud likes this.
  13. Xylem

Xylem Registered User Member

Local Time:
    Boon:
  14. PrimaryXylem
  15. Hello!
    I know this is an old thread, but I still felt like adding my thoughts. I hope that's OK. Anyway, based on my personal experience as well as reading posts on other forums, I can assure you that there are people who want and enjoy sex with a menstruating partner. This might seem strange, disgusting or even dangerous, but there are significant benefits and, if you know what you're doing, it's usually safe. Everyday Health has a decent article on the matter. Since I am new here and still unsure of how detailed I can get on BoonForums, I will just advise you to use a search engine like Google if you wish to know more about it. Thank you for your time.

As for the debate on whether or not tampons are a luxury, I agree with the majority of posters. While an alternative like a menstrual cup might be cheaper, more reusable and more environmentally friendly than tampons, tampons aren't a luxury. We're dealing with one of the most sensitive areas on our bodies. Different people are comfortable with different forms of menstrual hygiene products. Some, myself included, cannot bear the thought of using any alternatives because they appear to be unbearably uncomfortable or unhygienic. Paying taxes in order to be comfortable with our own menstruation feels unfair. That's just my two pennies' worth.

I hope everyone has a lovely life! ^_^

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017